Workshop is a place where vehicles are maintained or repaired. Workshops play a vital role in increasing the lifetime of the vehicle. Workshops can be specific to a particular brand like BMW or Audi or general servicing stations or you also have mobile workshops.
Why is a workshop software needed?
1. Software is generally needed to automate the business process. In a workshop the main process is the appointment booking, the workshop owner needs to know what appointments are scheduled for him to assign vehicles to the mechanics. If the appointments process is automated the workshop owner can easily manage his time and mechanics, unwanted confusions can be avoided.
2. Every mechanic has a jobcard assigned to perform tasks on the vehicles. These job cards can be managed electronically through the software. This serves as a verification for the tasks performed on the vehicle and also that the mechanic has performed the tasks on the vehicle.
3. There might be some tasks which require approval from the customer. These approvals can be automatically obtained from the customer over an SMS/Whatsapp/Email without making disturbing calls.
4. Most of the workshops have spare part stores along with them so it becomes necessary to maintain Inventory which can be easily done using the software.
5. The receipts and payments to the workshop can be easily recorded using the accounting module in the software, this helps in ascertaining the true cash position of the workshop.
Top 5 Auto workshop software
|Grants||Yes – PSG|
8. Inventory management
|Price||$127 per month|
|Price||$80 per month|
Online customer bookings
Serial number tracking
|Price||$95 per month|
Billing & INvoicing
Invoicing & Inventory
Work order management
Service order scheduling
5.Auto repair software
|Price||$499 per month|
Digital vehicle inspection
Automated followups & reminders
Integrated payment processing
Deciding the right software is a major decision for any business. You need to understand if the software has all the features that are needed for your business and also if the software is within the budget specified. The software needs to be user friendly to be used easily by the staff. Having considered all this, if all the factors are in place, having the right software can increase the efficiency of the business and help to increase the sales simultaneously.