The Workshop Scheduling software can help you manage and control mechanics by allowing you to:
- Schedule and assign tasks to mechanics.
- Track mechanic availability and job progress.
- Monitor job completion times and labour costs.
- Streamline communication between mechanics and other team members.
- Generate reports and analyze data to make informed decisions.
Workshop scheduling software helps with job management, scheduling of appointments, mechanics and inventory management.
How does the workshop scheduling software help Workshops?
The Workshop Scheduling software can help workshops by:
Improving efficiency: The software helps to schedule and allocate jobs to mechanics, reducing downtime and maximizing productivity.
Enhancing customer experience: With real-time job tracking, workshops can provide accurate and up-to-date information to customers, resulting in improved customer satisfaction.
Streamlining communication: The software facilitates communication between mechanics, service advisors, and other team members, leading to smoother workflows and reduced errors.
Increasing transparency: By providing real-time data and insights, workshops can make informed decisions and take corrective actions, resulting in improved operations and higher profits.
Reducing costs: By tracking labor costs, materials, and other expenses, workshops can reduce waste and optimize their budgets.
Improving accuracy: With the ability to schedule and track jobs, the software helps workshops reduce errors and improve accuracy in job completion times.
A workshop is a place where vehicles are repaired or maintained. Unless the workshop provides good service to its customers, they cannot be retained and also they will not refer new customers to the workshop. The main task in a workshop is to take bookings for repairs and maintenance. The mechanics need to be assigned vehicles.
The workflow of a Workshop
- As soon as the vehicle enters the workshop the owner prepares a job card with the list of activities to be done on the vehicle. The mechanics are then assigned the vehicles. The mechanics take charge and perform the activities mentioned in the job card and update once they finish.
- There are some repair works which might be a huge replacement of a part. In such cases, the owner of the vehicle needs to be consulted and he needs to approve If the replacement needs to be done. The customer can approve over an SMS or email.
- All the mechanics are assigned tasks without being overloaded. There might be cases where there might be a need for more than one mechanic for a particular job. The owner will be in a position to identify the mechanics who can be assigned a vehicle based on their job status and their specifications.
- Most of the workshops have spare part stores along with the workshops. This helps the mechanics to get the parts for replacement themselves. They don’t have to go search for spare parts.
- The documents relating to the vehicle and the customer can be stored in lace. Thofpast history on the vehicle repairs or customer can be retrieved at any time desired.
- Once the customer makes payment invoices need to be prepared for the payments as proof of the transaction. These are prepared digitally using the templates in the software to give a professional look to the invoices.
- Once the vehicle is repaired, an automatic status update can be sent to the customer on the status of the vehicle and that it is ready to be picked up.
- The spare parts are tracked and monitored and the stock is maintained properly so that there is no overbuying and spare parts are available when required. The receipts and expenses need to be recorded to give a true financial position of the business to the owner.
Moiboo workshop scheduling software
Moiboo is an ideal workshop software that has all the features required for managing and controlling the functions of a workshop. The software helps the customers in booking their appointments from the website without needing to physically go to the workshop to fix one. The mechanics can be easily assigned their tasks using the job card which also adds a check to know that the jobs assigned to the mechanics are completed.
Features of the Moiboo software
- Job cards
- Customer approval
- Mechanic Management
- Vehicle status alert
- Consumable management
- Purchase management
- Document management
- Mobile App
Workshop scheduling software automates the booking process and helps to maintain the mechanics effectively. The software serves as a profit engine for the business. By using the software, you can gain a comprehensive overview of your workshop operations and make data-driven decisions to optimize productivity, reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction.
for more details, please visit our website: Moiboo Software
Get a free demo: Click here